Spit Braai for Ansia Hesemann’s Husbands birthday on 22nd July 2017 in Emmarentia, Johannesburg.
The spit braai, salads and side dishes were all prepared by Elsie, Henning & Brian. They also attended the function until all guests had been served and most of the cleanup had been done.
Spit Braai Menu
- Lamb based with Rosemary and Butter
- Pork roast
- Silverside stuffed with Garlic and Bacon
- Chicken drum sticks pre marinated in our home made sticky basting
- Garlic, Cheese and Biltong Breads
- Mieliepap Tart: Done with tomato, cream mushrooms, bacon and fresh herbs topped with mature cheddar cheese
- Potato bake: Layers of potatoes, brown onion, roasted peppers and bacon. Baked in oven with cream sauce topped with Mozzarella Cheese and Cheddar Cheese
- Real German Potato Salad with a homemade mayonnaise and egg dressing
- Mixed Green salad: Avocado, Olives, Fetta, Tomato, Cucumber, onion, green peppers and mixed lettuce
- Fresh mixed vegetables topped with fresh herbs and olive oil…to be placed on the coals
- XXL Black Mushrooms stuffed with sun-dried tomato and homemade pesto, Italian Bacon topped with Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan shavings
- Homemade Malva Pudding with Custard
Items that was also included in the Spit Braai setup:
- Shafting dishes and warming trays to keep all the food warm
- Dinner plates, side plates, Pudding Bowls, Steak Knives, Dinner Forks, Desert Spoons and cool drink glasses.
- Salad bowls and tongs, serving spoons, bread knife
- 4 x Trestle tables with tablecloths to put all the food and drinks on
- I will also include adult chairs and tables is required at no additional cost.
Party Animals also rented and installed a Karaoke system for all the guests to have some fun. We rented Zorb Balls for the younger adults and kids.